Hello! (Can anyone explain to me why that feels so strange? Why I prefer to say 'Greetings' or 'Salutations' - Maybe I have issues and just need to learn to say it to people more. Well, I'm testing it out here) So here are some photos of what I've been wearing today. I don't know why, but when I got dressed this morning, I did not feel like much colour. I felt like wearing black clothes, clip-on faux diamond earrings and sunglasses and carrying a black umbrella as I trotted through the rain, like a sort of reluctant young widow in stilettos who drinks too much. Or has a reason to hide her identity and doesn't understand the concept of 'blending in'... just like all these celebrities who wear sunglasses in the middle of winter and wonder why people realise they are celebrities.
The outfit was only brightened up by the vibrant red strip of my lips... though prepare yourselves because I think tomorrow might be red. Head-to-toe BRIGHT RED... and I shall probably feel the need to share. Tomorrow, I shall also be in London, in a ploy from my Father to remove me from the Sitting Room where I have been living, consuming an endless supply of Chicken Tikka Masala and Pepsi Max... (He also has to pick a bike up from Kings Cross. Bearing in mind his love of cycling, I think that might have actually been the driving force)
So... What am I wearing?
- A Black gauzy tunic-blouse - Thrifted from a Charity Shop.
- Black skirt with golden details and sequins - Vintage.
- Black Pia Handbag - I actually nickname her my 'Jewel' - she was just so glossy and purty-ful when I bought her... and she was half price! If there is one thing that never fails to make me happy it's the words 'Half Price'.
- Iron Fist Girls Platform Heels with polkadot bows and colourful detailing - These are my go-to shoes for dramatic semi-comfort. Because of the platform, the heel does not feel that high and so they're great for walking around in (as long as you're walking through a flat city or town and you intend to stop walking and go home after two or three hours)
- Black Ribbon with white border from an Art supplies shop. Used as a belt you really cannot go wrong.
- £1 earrings from a local shop which sells end of the line accessories.
- Rimmel London Blood Red lipstick.
- Starry red and white bangle, bought for £1 from the same shop as the earrings.
- Radley umbrella - a present from my EPIC Maman. I love it so much... it's light, beautifully shaped and has the loveliest handle. IMPORTANT NOTE: When buying nice umbrellas, handle is key.
- Circular Sunglasses. I have no idea where they are from. You'd have to ask my brother since he is the one whom I stole them from. It's his fault for going on holiday without them and leaving them on the Kitchen Table. #Some people never learn.
I am rather glad that the pictures came out this way... it could have been so much worse bearing in mind I had to pry my Father away from his beloved computer to go out in the rain without being able to hold an umbrella to take pictures of me. I think I may have got what I deserved for putting him through this traumatising experience though. I fear I may have the beginnings of a cold. Ah-choo!
^^^ Individual shots of my Jewel and my beautiful new umbrella. I should give her a proper name too... Any suggestions?
^^^ Another look into the psychology of MOI... Why can I never resist taking a picture of a tree? Why? Even if there are better pictures of trees and more interesting trees and nobody wants to see my photo of a tree. Why do I take the photo? And why do I feel the need to include it in a post? Well, I always say that if you have an ugly house, you plant trees around it... maybe that works with ugly blog posts.
Thank you for reading, do comment and please follow! (I really want to reach the two hundred mark. :)