Sunday 4 March 2012

Cacharel Autumn/Winter 2011/2012

Hello to all! Here I am, taking a break from two hours of Mathematics Revision  that felt like a whole lot more - and neither Linear Equations nor the relatively simple Nth Term look any easier - to post something about the Cacharel Autumn/Winter 2011/2012 collection.
I was going to write a post about Dior's Autumn/Winter 2011/2012 collection, but I did not quite feel like it at the present moment... and so preferred to present this Cacharel collection.
Otherwise, today I was at the Peterborough Drama Festival where I was doing a duologue from 'Lady Windermere's Fan' by Oscar Wilde in the 15-16yrs category (my partner and I were awarded the highest mark - and therefore won in this category, although we did not win overall)




Features of the collection included:
  • Cloche hat
  • Knitwear
  • Tapered trousers
  • Brilliant patterned or coloured tights
  • Zigzagging patterns
  • Herringbone patterns
  • Gloves - both long and shorter
  • Icy Blue hue
  • Boldly coloured heeled shoes: Yellow, Dark Blue, Red, Pastel Pinks and baby Blues.
My Favourite Aspects of the collection included the beautiful floaty, full-length skirts, a couple of brilliantly coloured pink cloche hats and the gorgeous long gloves. I liked the slightly 1920s vibe to this collection, and thought that the oversized cardigan/jumper woollen number above looked deliciously warm - this coming from somebody whose fingers feel like they might drop off... (since I wrote that, there was a break in the film I am watching and I was able to go to the kitchen and fetch some sort of hot consumable substance, or substances, and two hot water bottles)




^^^ I liked the use of narrow, brightly coloured belts, like the red one above which goes so wonderfully with the matching red shoes, gloves, clutch bag, cloche and even lips. The gloves are actually even more amazing for the streak of icy blue. Love the pattern on the outfit in question. I also love the other outfit here which involves a cloche in the ensemble, and which also has fantastically patterned tights in theory (in practice, only skinny people would look any good in them and, even then, many would wear them with the wrong thing and just end up looking absolutely dreadful. Therefore, not really practical)

^^^ I like the blue woollen concoctions, especially the one with the floaty skirt. I always think that warm, cost jumpers look fantastic with luxurious, floaty skirts. They sort of balance each other out perfectly.

 
Ling Liu and Dawei Sun, the new (sort of) designers for Cacharel, designed a collection inspired by ice crystals glimpsed through an airplane window and the famed aviator, Amelia Earhart. You can easily see in what way.

 























Thank you for reading. Do comment and please follow! :) I apologise for not writing that much.

2 comments:

Christina Key said...

Great blog! The looks are pretty cool and just a nice inspiration! Hey I like your blog dear! ;)
What do u think about follow each other?
Just if you like my blog 2. :>


XX

dimitri said...

Cacharel, it's always very classy and elegant. Love this collection.
Love your post as always.